Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Etsy Reaches Haiti...


I have had a busy few days and have not been able to blog.  I also have had a lot of doctor's appointments, physical therapy appointments, etc.  My mom returned from her missions trip to Haiti on Saturday and I have been spending a lot of time with her. 

I am posting a few pictures here but hope to add more in the days coming.  Before she left, I shared a story about a fellow Etsyian who was kind enough to send me a penny necklace (with a cross embedded in it), in honor of my Gpa.  My mom took this necklace with her to Haiti to know that she had my Gpa close to her in her heart and also in heaven looking over her, keeping her safe.  Once she was there, she took one of the boys, named Samson, under her wing.  The week before her arrival, Samson had run away from the orphanage.  Our friend Diddi found him in the streets in tent city and brought him back to the orphanage.  Samson is a good boy, but is a bit troubled.  He became close to my mom, wanting to sleep on the floor of her room every night, calling her Mama, asking if she could take him on a plane back home with her.  My mom gave him the penny necklace to keep him safe, to show how much she cared for him, and hopefully to have my Gpa watching out for him from heaven.  The night before my mom left, Samson ran away again back to the streets.  Maybe he didn't want to say goodbye to probably the first person who truly cared about him.  We will pray that Samson returns to the orphanage where he will have food, be safe, have shelter and clothing.  

Thank you again karmacircle for the beautiful penny necklace that has reached from New York to Haiti.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/karmacircle    
Now, not only will we will be ordering these necklaces for our family for Christmas, but we will be ordering one for each child at the orphanage in Haiti, called Julia's House.  


Please remember Haiti in your prayers, especially the children, who are so innocent and have almost no future to look forward to.  They have little clothing, little to no food, no money, little to no shelter, no education....in this beautiful country we live in, we often do not need to worry about our basic subsistence.  Remember those who suffer daily.  


Typically, 20% of all my sales go to Friends of Suzanne, a local cancer charity.  If you are interested in buying any of my Etsy items and would like the 20% donated to go to Julia's House in Haiti, please send me a private message and I will make the donation directly.


Hanging out at Julia's House
God Bless,
Crafts4acause

No comments:

Post a Comment