Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's A Girl...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/anniereh

This morning I woke up to the good news that my cousin Tara had a baby girl weighing 7 lbs; she is yet to be named.  Tara's mother, my aunt, is a breast cancer SURVIVOR and a brain tumor SURVIVOR.  Children are one of the most precious things on this Earth.

"At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:1-3
 
Just like the beautiful necklace I chose from Etsy for today's blog (see above), the love between a mother and a child is forever.  This love may come in all different shapes and forms.  It may transform through the years.  It may not always be what you want it to be, but feel blessed if you have your mother, feel blessed if you had a mother, feel blessed if you have a child, feel blessed if you had a child because no matter how much pain there may be, there will always be more pain if you never had these things at all.  Alfred Tennyson says it best when he says, "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

 Surround yourself with hope, with joy, with love and blessings will abound.
God Bless,
crafts4acause

http://www.etsy.com/listing/56237323/sweet-love-joy-and-hope-burlap-pillow

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    I just found out about your blog... It is awesome what you are doing!!!
    I love that necklace and the words are so true!!! My baby girl has taught me so much and she is the greatest gift!!!

    Blessings to you and your amazing heart!!!

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete